Monday, May 11, 2009

An eventful day

Today has been an eventful day and it isn't even 7PM yet. I started the day hearing someone outside the house right after the alarm clock went off. Going to investigate I found the guys from the Concrete company that was sub-contracted to do my sidewalks and driveway. I had last seen them 3 weeks ago when they had come to the house and installed the forms for my sidewalks. It has rained every day except one since then so they couldn't do any more on the job. Today, no rain. So they were there. There was only one problem. Today was also the day that we were going to Nashville as Michelle is having surgery tomorrow. We talked it over, the guys told me that they would be done by 1PM so we waited to leave for Nashville. It was a good wait, I went out and watched them work. It was enjoyable to watch them and I learned a great deal about concrete, pouring concrete and finishing concrete. They finished at about 2 PM and Michelle and I left the house for Nashville.

After a nice drive down to Nashville and through the city we arrived at our hotel. It is a Holiday Inn and it is directly across the street from Centennial Park which has a copy of the Parthenon. We are close to Vanderbilt University and in a "nice" part of town. The lobby is nicer than anything we have in Bowling Green. We were pleasantly surprised when we got to our room. The room was pretty good sized and looked luxurious. We were greeted by a Swan on our bed made from towels and washcloths. We also found more Swans in the bathroom on the counter and hanging from the grab rail in the shower. We also have a large HDTV in a cabinet at the foot of our bed. All the furnature is finished Cherry. All in all, one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever encountered. I took pictures and (hopefully) we be adding them to the blog in days to come.

We will be getting up early tomarrow morning, we have to be at the hospital by 5:30 AM in the morning.

Peace,
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment